Avoid the Lottery … Run for Charity with Team Family Empowerment!
Running a marathon takes great determination and discipline. Running a small non-profit in recovering economic times like these requires creative collaboration to meet the escalating operational and programmatic needs to maintain vital services that impact many high-risk families in Chicago.
With the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, we are bridging your love for running with a creative collaboration to help raise financial resources by inviting athletes to run with a purpose as part of Team Family Empowerment
We believe that when you run with the purpose of supporting a charity you are more determined to succeed in your preparation for running, while at the same time playing a direct role in impacting the lives of the 250 children, adults, and families we serve each week.
Several changes were made to the registration process for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. This year, entries will be issued based on a lottery system.
Registration for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon will be conducted through a system of guaranteed entries and non-guaranteed lottery selected entries. The fee to register is $185 for U.S. residents. The field will be capped at a maximum of 45,000 participants.
Interested participants will be able to
1) register with a guaranteed entry; or
2) enter the non-guaranteed entry lottery, at any time from Wednesday, March 19, at 12 p.m., to Monday, April 7, at 12 p.m. U.S. Central Time. Lottery entrants will be notified of their selection status on Monday, April 14.
One way to receive a guaranteed entry is to join a charity team and run with purpose. Your fundraising efforts will enhance the mission of local nonprofits throughout Chicago.
As a registered Charity organization, Family Empowerment Centers was issued 9 guaranteed entry spaces for Team Family Empowerment.
Per marathon rules, runners who join a charity team must commit to raise a minimum of $1,000 for the charity.
One-thousand dollars goes a long way in our community allowing us to provide:
- 10 families with an emergency food basket
- 17 new enrollment slots in our afterschool program
- 33 adult English learners with textbooks and materials for an entire year of English as a Second Language classes
- 2 adults with a sponsorship through an addiction recovery program
- 2 teenagers the opportunity to travel out-of-state to attend summer camp for one week
- 5 months of curriculum and materials for English as a Second Language classes
Avoid the lottery … run for charity with Team Family Empowerment!
To Register with Team Family Empowerment
Registration is simple. Just follow the steps below so that our charity team coordinator is aware of your interest to join Team Family Empowerment.
1) Fill out our Interest Form below
2) Once received we will contact you to answer any questions
3) Once accepted to Team Family Empowerment you will need to register for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon online.
To run with Team Family Empowerment, please sign-up by completing the Interest form below.
Team Family Empowerment charity team coordinator: Susan DeLano, email@example.com or 773.262.0760